What is Ration Card and Why?A Ration Card is a document issued under an order or authority of the State Government, as per the Public Distribution System, for the purchase of essential commodities from fair price shops. It helps save money by aiding in the procurement of essential commodities at a subsidized rate.
- voter id card
- Rs.2 court fee stamp
- Proof of current residence(any like electricity bill, telephone bill, gas bill, etc.)
- You can use it to buy the Govt. subsidized food grains, clothes, sugar at minimum prices from specific rationing outlets.
- Some states now provide photo affixed Ration Card so that it can be treated as your ID proof to open your bank account or any other purpose.
- Any other ID certificate is issued based on this certificate.
- Antyodaya: For the poorest people
- BPL: People below poverty level
- APL: For the people of above poverty level
GETTING RATION CARD 1.Fresh (New) Card
You may get application form (Form no 1) for making of new consumer card from any Circle Office on payment of 50 paisa. Application form for Blue card is supplied free of charge.
You have to attach the following documents along with your application form: -
- Three passport size photographs of head of family attested by a Gazetted officer/MLA/MP/Municipal Councillor.
- Proof of residence - in case of holder, Registration Deed, Allotment Letter, Power of Attorney, House Tax Receipt etc. - In case of tenant, NOC of landlord or any other appropriate document.
- Surrender/Deletion certificate of the previous card.
2.Addition of Members
You can apply in the form No 2, for addition of any name in your Ration card. Clicking here on Form No 2, you can see a copy of form no. 2. You may download the same and present the duly filled in hard copy at your Circle Office beside with the Ration card
If you present application for addition of names along with documentary proof i.e. removal certificate issued by the competent authority, in case of shifting; or birth certificate/proof of marriage etc., in case of addition to the family, addition of names in your Ration card is done the same day. Otherwise, the process may require up to 7 days.3.Deletion of Members
You can apply in the form No 2 for removal of any name also in your Ration card. Clicking here on Form No 2, you can see a copy of form no. 2. You may download the same and present the duly filled in hard copy at your Circle Office along with the Ration card.
Deletion of names from the HCC is done on the same day on presentation of consumer card with application.
Application form for Fuel Ration Card: Click here
Application form for Removal of members: Form 2 Click here
Application form for Other Changes in Ration card: Form 3 Click here
|Contact Us @ 011-25088735||