Aadhaar is a unique 12 digit number issued by the government as proof of identity and residence in India. No resident can have a duplicate number since it is linked to their individual.UID/Aadhaar Card
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) issue a unique identity number (aadhaar) to a resident based on basic demographic information, biometric information of the person and authenticate the identity of a person based on the unique identity number.
- Proof of Name(eg. Voter ID, PAN card, Driving license, Ration card)
- Proof of Address(eg. Telephone Landline Bill, Insurance Policy, Passport)
- Proof of Date of Birth(eg. Birth Certificate, Passport)
The whole process may take two to three month or more.
Residents of India need to visit the nearest Enrollment Camp and need to fulfill some formalities (given below) in order to register for an Aadhaar.
- Documents Verification.
- Biometric Scanning of Ten Fingerprints.
- Biometric Scanning of Iris.
A resident will have to go to an enrolling agency along with Proof of photo Identity/ Proof of address documents, fill up an application form and provide the supporting documentation. If resident does not have any document to prove his identity he will require an Introducer to get him/herself enrolled. The registrar will verify the information with the documents produced. The demographic data will be entered in software. Biometrics information of ten finger prints, both iris scan and facial photograph of the resident will also be captured The data will be sent to database. A de-duplication check comparing the resident’s biometric information to the records in the database is done If the individual is not already in the database, Aadhaar will be issued and sent to the person at his/ her residence. The Aadhaar number will also be sent to the Registrar for use in their service database.
Check Aadhaar (UID Card) Status Online:-Visit: https://portal.uidai.gov.in/ResidentPortal/statusLink
If your Aadhaar has been generated, e-Aadhaar can also download at
If Aadhaar is not Generated
- Wait for 3 months after the enrollment for Aadhaar generation.
- If Aadhaar status is "Rejected", Resident have to enroll again.
- If residents has enrolled before 1st April, 2012 & still the status is "Not Found", then he/she can enroll again.
Downloadable Application Form
Delivery of Aadhaar letter
- Aadhaar will be delivered on given address of the applicant by India Post.
- For checking status of your Aadhaar letter, visit
- For further information regarding your Aadhaar letter delivery, please contact your local Post Office.
Click here to view your nearest UID card center Delhi : View
UID enrollment form: Download
|Contact Us @ 011-25088735||